Carpentry New Zealand Certificate in Construction Trade Skills (Carpentry) Level 3 NZ2834
Do you like building things, or taking things apart? How about working with power tools and wood?
We’re always building stuff in New Zealand! New housing, commercial buildings, fencing, decking and all sorts of project work.
Builders and Property Developers are always looking for skilled trades’ people for apprentices, employees or as independent contractors.
Come and learn with us! Our students build multiple houses on our building site!
Graduates will be able to
- Basic health and safety which can be applied to any job
- How to use hand and power tools
- How to work with timber machining equipment
- How to measure up a project for materials and cost
- Prepare footings and pour concrete slab
- House framing, roofing, flooring and interior walls
- Scaffolding and regulations
- Reading and using building plans
TimesFulltime 5 days per week
Study Method/LocationLearning is all face-to-face on our Whanganui campus building site. You will do a lot of practical, hands on learning, with some theory work too.
PriceFees free eligible. Contact us for a price if you are ineligible for Fees Free.
Leads to a Job As
- Builders Apprentice
- Junior builder
- Hammer hand
- Brush hand